The Daily Escape
I have been reading a lot of history/adventure quest books lately and they all seem to take place in and around Germany. And since everyone is posting about their overseas travels over social media, I'm dreaming about Germany - the castles, the villages, the festivals and food...do you know these facts about Germany?
1. 70% of German highways have no speed limit.
2. Germans are the second biggest consumers of beer in the world.
3. The biggest festival is called Oktoberfest, but starts in September.
4. In World War II, a German sub was sunk by a broken toilet.
5. Germans answer the phone with their surname instead of hello.