Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Morning Routines

When it comes to my morning routine, I'm not exactly thrilled to say it's a little chaotic. Lately, I find it hard getting out of bed. In fact I'm waking up only to have enough time to get ready for work, brush my teeth and head out the door. Translation: go to sleep earlier so you can wake up earlier. Are you an early bird or would you rather sleep in.

1. Actually make breakfast and sit at the kitchen table and eat. This pretty much only happens on weekends now.  Although, I set my alarm for six in the morning I actually get up closer to seven now, therefore I'm rushed for breakfast. Even if it's just yogurt or oatmeal give yourself fifteen or twenty minutes to sit down, eat your breakfast and read the paper or whatever book you're reading.

2. A little bit of movement. If you can get up early enough to add a walk or run to your morning routine, you are awesome. However if you only have a few minutes, add a little bit of stretching/yoga to your morning routine.

3. Clean up one area of your room before you leave for the day. If there is one thing I don't like, it's coming home to a mess or an unmade bed but sometimes it happens. So before you head out the door, clean up a corner that's been bothering you so you know you won't have to deal with it later. 

(image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...