Five Things You Need to Know About Susan Cain:
1. Graduated from Princeton with a B.A. in English in 1989 and went on to earn a doctorate degree from Harvard Law in 1993.
2. The Feminine Mystique was the inspiration for writing her own book, Quiet.
3. Cain's interest in writing about introversion reportedly stemmed from her own difficulties with public speaking.
4. Despite being an introvert and having spent her life talking about the power of introversion, she has given more than 40 lectures to hundreds of people around the world.
5. Her TED Talk video received it's first million views faster than any other video, today it is one of the most viewed TED videos of all time.