Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Daily Escape

"I need to get out of town. You know, I think I need some peace and quiet... or whatever it is people go away for. You know what I really want to do? I want to eat carbs without wanting to kill myself. You know, I want to read a book! Not just a magazine, an actual book. For years I read this reviews, I buy the books but I never read them," (quoted from my favorite Nancy Meyer film, The Holiday) These are my feelings almost exactly at the moment, in almost a year of working I have requested for one vacation and that is all. I love my job a little too much and when I'm not working the 9-6 job, I'm working on at least one or two work/blog related projects. I have some workaholic tendencies but I'm trying to work on it! So what I really want (and need) is to take an extended vacation overseas, enjoy foreign territory, get lost and explore, wander through museums and stroll through the streets with baguettes and chocolatey treats in hand. I've never been to Austria but I've been watching Sam Brown traipse through Salzberg and Innsburk the past few nights, so I'm in state of complete wanderlust. Taking vacations anytime soon? Where are you heading? 

(image via traveler)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...