Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Daily Escape

Ever since my first Anthropology class in college, I've been wanting to go to Africa. If I would have found the love for Anthropology my freshman year rather than the end of my sophomore year (beginning of my junior year), I would have chosen a different career path. After a few classes and attending the Annual American Anthropological Association Meeting in New Orleans five years ago, my dream was to be immersed in a culture different than mine and to study people and human behavior. The majority of my courses focused on cultures and communities throughout African countries and now I'm just dying to get overseas. My brother and his wife are leaving in a month for South Africa and a small part of me just wants to go with them!!! Where's your dream destination? 

(image via 99 travel tips)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...