Monday, May 15, 2017

Two Week Wrap Up...





Last fall my sister excitedly decided she was going on vacation in the spring and when she told me she was going to Europe, I was envious. I didn't want to intrude because I knew she was going to visit a friend from college but secretly I wanted to tag along. And then miraculously (and because we're freakishly close), she asked me to go. At first, I jumped at the offer but realistically, I didn't think I could afford it so I initially said no. After saving what I could and my parents encouraging me to go, I decided to take a break from work and jet set across the Atlantic. It was nerve wrecking to say the least, I hadn't taken a vacation in at least seven years. After college and exhaustively searching for a job, I dove head first into my first real job and was overly studious in grad-school. And not to say I don't love my work because I do, but I never took a break (including many lunch breaks) and I burned myself out pretty quickly. Leaving work was going to be extremely hard for me! In the end, I'm so grateful that my people - my family, my guy and friends all said I needed to go. So I did and I loved every minute of it. And don't worry I have plenty of content to share about my trip, this is just the first of many to come!!! Happy Monday :)

(images via instagram)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leading Ladies

Five Things to Know About Bernadette Marie: 1. Trained and completed two degrees, an AAS in Communication Design and BFA in Textile S...